Sunday, October 16, 2011

Assignment 11, question 4, Quinn Egan

If Finny had survived his operation, do you think Gene and Finny could remain friends? Or do you think the friendship at this point is too broken? Make sure to include support from the text in your answer.

If Finny survived his operation then Finny and Gene would have remained friends. They would had remained friends because Finny was convinced that Gene jounced the tree out of random act without thinking not because he wanted Finny to be hurt of even killed. For example, "I believe you . It's okay because I understand and I believe you. You've already shown me and I believe you"(Knowles 191). This quote shows that Finny realizes that all that Gene has been doing was for his own good so he really is a good friend, and a good friend could not of pushed me him off of the tree with hate. This conversation was the last time that they talked before Finny passed away. It was a positive last conversation because they both knew that they were still best friends and always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment